For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Strawberry Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A simple yet delicious springtime pie.
|3/4 cup sugar|
|4 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 cup flour|
|4 cups strawberries, sliced|
|2 pie crusts|
|1/3 cup strawberry nectar, plus 1 tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar, for sprinkling|
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Sift sugar, cornstarch and flour together into a medium bowl. Stir in strawberries and 1/3 cup strawberry nectar.
- In a separate bowl, combine pie crust mix and cold strawberry nectar. Stir until a soft dough forms. Divide into 2 pieces, form into balls, and flatten into disks.
- Place one of the pie crusts into a pie pan. Press crust into edges. Pour strawberry filling into pie pan. Place top crust on top of filling. Press along rim to seal and trim edges. Press fork into edges to crimp. Cut vent slits on top.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg, with 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon strawberry nectar. Brush atop crust and then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Place pie in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 350° F and continue baking for an additional 50-60 minutes; the filling should be bubbling and top crust golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >