For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Strawberry Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A simple yet delicious springtime pie.
|3/4 cup sugar|
|4 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 cup flour|
|4 cups strawberries, sliced|
|2 pie crusts|
|1/3 cup strawberry nectar, plus 1 tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar, for sprinkling|
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Sift sugar, cornstarch and flour together into a medium bowl. Stir in strawberries and 1/3 cup strawberry nectar.
- In a separate bowl, combine pie crust mix and cold strawberry nectar. Stir until a soft dough forms. Divide into 2 pieces, form into balls, and flatten into disks.
- Place one of the pie crusts into a pie pan. Press crust into edges. Pour strawberry filling into pie pan. Place top crust on top of filling. Press along rim to seal and trim edges. Press fork into edges to crimp. Cut vent slits on top.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg, with 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon strawberry nectar. Brush atop crust and then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Place pie in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 350° F and continue baking for an additional 50-60 minutes; the filling should be bubbling and top crust golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >