For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious update to a classic comfort food.
|2 lb ground beef chuck|
|1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1 cup chopped parsley|
|2 tablespoons Italian seasonings|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup tomato juice|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|2 cups fresh basil leaves|
|4 oz sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained|
|1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, parsely, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the wine, egs, tomato juice, wine and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out 1 large sheet of waxed paper. Spread the mixture out in a 15 x 12 inch rectangle. Arrange the basil leaves over the surface. Scatter the tomatoes over basil and arrange 3/4 of the cheese over tomatoes.
- Using the waxed paper as an aid and starting from one short side, roll up the meat like a jelly roll. Peel back the paper as you roll. place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Place the remaining smoked mozzarella over the top of the load and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more. Serve the meatloaf hot.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >