For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious update to a classic comfort food.
|2 lb ground beef chuck|
|1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1 cup chopped parsley|
|2 tablespoons Italian seasonings|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup tomato juice|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|2 cups fresh basil leaves|
|4 oz sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained|
|1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, parsely, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the wine, egs, tomato juice, wine and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out 1 large sheet of waxed paper. Spread the mixture out in a 15 x 12 inch rectangle. Arrange the basil leaves over the surface. Scatter the tomatoes over basil and arrange 3/4 of the cheese over tomatoes.
- Using the waxed paper as an aid and starting from one short side, roll up the meat like a jelly roll. Peel back the paper as you roll. place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Place the remaining smoked mozzarella over the top of the load and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more. Serve the meatloaf hot.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >