For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious update to a classic comfort food.
|2 lb ground beef chuck|
|1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1 cup chopped parsley|
|2 tablespoons Italian seasonings|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup tomato juice|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|2 cups fresh basil leaves|
|4 oz sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained|
|1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, parsely, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the wine, egs, tomato juice, wine and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out 1 large sheet of waxed paper. Spread the mixture out in a 15 x 12 inch rectangle. Arrange the basil leaves over the surface. Scatter the tomatoes over basil and arrange 3/4 of the cheese over tomatoes.
- Using the waxed paper as an aid and starting from one short side, roll up the meat like a jelly roll. Peel back the paper as you roll. place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Place the remaining smoked mozzarella over the top of the load and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more. Serve the meatloaf hot.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >