For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cantaloupe and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A fruity and creamy side salad.
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|3 lb melon, cantaloupe or MAG, quartered and seeded|
|1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled|
|1/2 red onion, peeled, sliced thinly|
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe quarter in half lengthwise. Peel and discard skins. Slice each wedge lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut each avocado half again lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place cantaloupe, avocado and sliced red onion into the bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Divide among four plates and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >