For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cantaloupe and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A fruity and creamy side salad.
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|3 lb melon, cantaloupe or MAG, quartered and seeded|
|1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled|
|1/2 red onion, peeled, sliced thinly|
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe quarter in half lengthwise. Peel and discard skins. Slice each wedge lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut each avocado half again lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place cantaloupe, avocado and sliced red onion into the bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Divide among four plates and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >