For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Green Chili Avocado Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
An irresistible vegetarian Southwest dish.
|1 package Simply Potatoes, cubed with onions or Southwestern hash browns|
|4 vegetarian "chicken" patties, cooked and cubed|
|1 lb shredded Mexican cheese|
|8 corn tortillas|
|1 can green chile sauce, 19 oz.|
|15 oz avocado tomatillo salsa|
|Shredded lettuce, for topping|
|Diced tomatoes, for topping|
|Sour cream, for topping|
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Combine cubed "chicken" patties, three-quarters of the cheese and cooled potatoes. Pour about half the green Chile sauce into the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Take one corn tortilla, fill with potato filling and place in baking pan. Continue until all tortillas have been filled and placed in pan.
- Combine three-quarters of the salsa with the remaining green Chile sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and remaining salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >