For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Green Chili Avocado Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
An irresistible vegetarian Southwest dish.
|1 package Simply Potatoes, cubed with onions or Southwestern hash browns|
|4 vegetarian "chicken" patties, cooked and cubed|
|1 lb shredded Mexican cheese|
|8 corn tortillas|
|1 can green chile sauce, 19 oz.|
|15 oz avocado tomatillo salsa|
|Shredded lettuce, for topping|
|Diced tomatoes, for topping|
|Sour cream, for topping|
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Combine cubed "chicken" patties, three-quarters of the cheese and cooled potatoes. Pour about half the green Chile sauce into the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Take one corn tortilla, fill with potato filling and place in baking pan. Continue until all tortillas have been filled and placed in pan.
- Combine three-quarters of the salsa with the remaining green Chile sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and remaining salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >