For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Green Chili Avocado Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
An irresistible vegetarian Southwest dish.
|1 package Simply Potatoes, cubed with onions or Southwestern hash browns|
|4 vegetarian "chicken" patties, cooked and cubed|
|1 lb shredded Mexican cheese|
|8 corn tortillas|
|1 can green chile sauce, 19 oz.|
|15 oz avocado tomatillo salsa|
|Shredded lettuce, for topping|
|Diced tomatoes, for topping|
|Sour cream, for topping|
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Combine cubed "chicken" patties, three-quarters of the cheese and cooled potatoes. Pour about half the green Chile sauce into the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Take one corn tortilla, fill with potato filling and place in baking pan. Continue until all tortillas have been filled and placed in pan.
- Combine three-quarters of the salsa with the remaining green Chile sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and remaining salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >