For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hatch Chile Cheeseburger
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Your backyard barbecue just got a lot more interesting.
|8 hatch chiles, seeded and stemmed|
|1 1/2 lb fresh ground beef|
|1 sweet onion, sliced thin|
|4 hamburger buns|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- Form ground beef into four burger patties. Season burger patties with kosher salt. Allow patties to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium or medium-high. When hot, place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. A minute before taking burgers off the grill, place a slice of cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on a long piece of aluminum foil. Create a tent with the foil to cover burgers. Allow burgers to sit for at least five minutes.
- Pour canola oil into a skillet. Bring to medium heat. Place onions in the skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes. (Onions should be caramelized)
- While onions are cooking, chop up hatch chiles. After onions have caramelized, add chopped chiles to skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season onions and chiles with kosher salt if desired.
- Create a cheeseburger by putting burger patties on bottom bun, then place cooked onions and chiles on top of patties. Place top bun on top of onions and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >