For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hatch Chile Cheeseburger
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Your backyard barbecue just got a lot more interesting.
|8 hatch chiles, seeded and stemmed|
|1 1/2 lb fresh ground beef|
|1 sweet onion, sliced thin|
|4 hamburger buns|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- Form ground beef into four burger patties. Season burger patties with kosher salt. Allow patties to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium or medium-high. When hot, place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. A minute before taking burgers off the grill, place a slice of cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on a long piece of aluminum foil. Create a tent with the foil to cover burgers. Allow burgers to sit for at least five minutes.
- Pour canola oil into a skillet. Bring to medium heat. Place onions in the skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes. (Onions should be caramelized)
- While onions are cooking, chop up hatch chiles. After onions have caramelized, add chopped chiles to skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season onions and chiles with kosher salt if desired.
- Create a cheeseburger by putting burger patties on bottom bun, then place cooked onions and chiles on top of patties. Place top bun on top of onions and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >