For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hatch Chile Cheeseburger
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Your backyard barbecue just got a lot more interesting.
|8 hatch chiles, seeded and stemmed|
|1 1/2 lb fresh ground beef|
|1 sweet onion, sliced thin|
|4 hamburger buns|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- Form ground beef into four burger patties. Season burger patties with kosher salt. Allow patties to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium or medium-high. When hot, place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. A minute before taking burgers off the grill, place a slice of cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on a long piece of aluminum foil. Create a tent with the foil to cover burgers. Allow burgers to sit for at least five minutes.
- Pour canola oil into a skillet. Bring to medium heat. Place onions in the skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes. (Onions should be caramelized)
- While onions are cooking, chop up hatch chiles. After onions have caramelized, add chopped chiles to skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season onions and chiles with kosher salt if desired.
- Create a cheeseburger by putting burger patties on bottom bun, then place cooked onions and chiles on top of patties. Place top bun on top of onions and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >