For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tangerine Glazed Ham
Rate this Recipe
Recipe #822 | Serves 8-10 |
|12 lb Kurobuta ham|
|2 -25 whole cloves|
|1/2 cup Dijon mustard|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|4 shallots, minced|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 cup Madeira wine|
|2 cups Heaven and Earth Tangerine Sauce|
|1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1 tbsp ground cinnamon|
- Remove Kurobuta ham from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Remove the ham from the wrappings.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan. Cut cross hatch over ham and spike with cloves in the crossed point of each diamond. Rub mustard over ham and sprinkle top with brown sugar then cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound. Cooking times vary with size and temperature of ham. (Approximate cooking times are 5 hours for a whole ham and 2.5 to 3 hours for half a ham).
- Meanwhile, make the Heaven and Earth Tangerine Glaze. In pan sauté shallots and onion in olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes. Add wine, tangerine sauce, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the glaze into the bottom of the roasting pan as soon as you are done making it. Baste every the ham with the glaze every 30-45 minutes until the center of the ham reaches 135 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Allow the ham to rest tented with foil for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
|Recipe Author:||Glenn Chu|
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >