For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp sugar|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbsp light cream|
|fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very soft coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush the tops of the disks with the cream.
- Bake the biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are still warm, cut them in half, horizontally, and fill with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >