For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp sugar|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbsp light cream|
|fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very soft coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush the tops of the disks with the cream.
- Bake the biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are still warm, cut them in half, horizontally, and fill with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >