For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp sugar|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbsp light cream|
|fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very soft coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush the tops of the disks with the cream.
- Bake the biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are still warm, cut them in half, horizontally, and fill with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >