For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp sugar|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbsp light cream|
|fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very soft coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush the tops of the disks with the cream.
- Bake the biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are still warm, cut them in half, horizontally, and fill with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >