For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Orange Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
These sandwiches are bursting with flavor!
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|3 chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1 orange, zested and cut into wedges, for garnish|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|Vegetable oil, for drizzling|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|Romaine lettuce, for garnish|
|Sliced red onions, for garnish|
|4 crusty rolls, split, toasted and buttered|
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium high heat.
- Heat a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add oil and onion. Saute onion in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft. Combine chipotle peppers in adobo, ketchup, orange juice, orange zest and chicken broth in a blender. Blend on high until sauce is smooth. Pour sauce into saucepan with onion and heat to a bubble. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Coat chicken lightly with a drizzle of vegetable oil and season breasts with salt and pepper. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on the first side, turn.
- Transfer 1/2 of the sauce to a small bowl and baste chicken liberally with it. Turn chicken after 4 minutes, coat with sauce again and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast and place on bottom buns. Spoon remaining sauce from saucepan over the sliced chicken. Top chicken with lettuce and red onions. Enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >