For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Orange Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
These sandwiches are bursting with flavor!
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|3 chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1 orange, zested and cut into wedges, for garnish|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|Vegetable oil, for drizzling|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|Romaine lettuce, for garnish|
|Sliced red onions, for garnish|
|4 crusty rolls, split, toasted and buttered|
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium high heat.
- Heat a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add oil and onion. Saute onion in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft. Combine chipotle peppers in adobo, ketchup, orange juice, orange zest and chicken broth in a blender. Blend on high until sauce is smooth. Pour sauce into saucepan with onion and heat to a bubble. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Coat chicken lightly with a drizzle of vegetable oil and season breasts with salt and pepper. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on the first side, turn.
- Transfer 1/2 of the sauce to a small bowl and baste chicken liberally with it. Turn chicken after 4 minutes, coat with sauce again and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast and place on bottom buns. Spoon remaining sauce from saucepan over the sliced chicken. Top chicken with lettuce and red onions. Enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >