For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brown Sugar and Honey Cake
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 loaf |
A slightly sweet pastry that’s great as an appetizer or dessert.
|4 eggs, (whites and yolks separated)|
|3 cups cake flour, (sifted)|
|1 cup buckwheat honey, (melted)|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 cup coffee, (warm)|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup brown sugar, (dark)|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Pour buckwheat honey into a saucepan. Bring pan to a boil, then let cool.
- Combine sugar and butter, mix together very well. Add egg yolks, beat until light and fluffy. Add honey to mixture and beat well.
- Combine salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and flour. Sift all ingredients together. Add coffee and mix together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Place pan into oven, bake for 50 minutes. Reduce heat and bake additional 10 minutes. (Place toothpick into cake, done when toothpick comes out clean.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >