For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crumbly Apple-Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Serves 18 |
A sweet breakfast treat that’s sure to please the taste buds.
|2 eggs, (lightly beaten)|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 cup apple sauce|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|2 cups apples, (Golden Delicious variety, peeled, chopped)|
|1 stick butter, (salted)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 1/2 cups sugar|
|1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice|
|2 3/4 cups flour|
|1 cup pumpkin puree, (unsweetened)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small chunks, add to cinnamon-sugar mixture and stir until crumbly.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine baking soda, sugar, salt, flour and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a third mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and applesauce.
- Add pumpkin spice mixture into pumpkin puree mixture. Blend together until moist. Slowly add in apple during mixing.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Top with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
|Course:||Side, breakfast, snack, dessert|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >