For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Blueberry and Oatmeal Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Serves 16 |
A fun combination of traditional oats with sweet fruit.
|1/2 cup wheat flour|
|2 cups blueberries|
|2 tablespoons sugar, more for topping|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 2/3 cups quick-cookingoats|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 teaspoons lemon zest|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups buttermilk|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat the inside of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour oats into a food processor, grind into a coarse consistency. Pour oats into a mixing bowl. Add in baking powder, salt, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and wheat flour. Whisk ingredients together well.
- Combine lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Pour into flour mixture. Stir ingredients together and fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into each muffin tin, top with sugar.
- Place muffin tin into oven, bake for 18-22 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >