For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Blueberry and Oatmeal Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Serves 16 |
A fun combination of traditional oats with sweet fruit.
|1/2 cup wheat flour|
|2 cups blueberries|
|2 tablespoons sugar, more for topping|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 2/3 cups quick-cookingoats|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 teaspoons lemon zest|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups buttermilk|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat the inside of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour oats into a food processor, grind into a coarse consistency. Pour oats into a mixing bowl. Add in baking powder, salt, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and wheat flour. Whisk ingredients together well.
- Combine lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Pour into flour mixture. Stir ingredients together and fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into each muffin tin, top with sugar.
- Place muffin tin into oven, bake for 18-22 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >