For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Blueberry and Oatmeal Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Serves 16 |
A fun combination of traditional oats with sweet fruit.
|1/2 cup wheat flour|
|2 cups blueberries|
|2 tablespoons sugar, more for topping|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 2/3 cups quick-cookingoats|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 teaspoons lemon zest|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups buttermilk|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat the inside of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour oats into a food processor, grind into a coarse consistency. Pour oats into a mixing bowl. Add in baking powder, salt, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and wheat flour. Whisk ingredients together well.
- Combine lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Pour into flour mixture. Stir ingredients together and fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into each muffin tin, top with sugar.
- Place muffin tin into oven, bake for 18-22 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >