For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Full-flavored Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, (cut into slices)|
|4 oz ham, (cooked, cut into bite-size pieces)|
|1/2 cup celery, (diced)|
|30 oz beans, (ranch-style)|
|1 cup onion, (diced)|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|20 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >