For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Bing Cherry Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6-8 |
A pie that is even sweeter due to the Bing cherries.
|1 cup sugar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (cut to small pieces)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 cups Bing cherries, (pitted)|
|1 tablespoon orange zest|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 pie crust|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Also prepare pie crust. (According to package directions)
- With cherries in large bowl, combine lemon and orange juices with cornstarch. Once mixed, put in salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add mixture to cherry bowl and toss well. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Add in orange zest and almond extract to cherries. Toss until well mixed.
- Place bottom pie crust in pie pan. Ladle in cherry mixture until evenly dispersed. Place top crust over cherries. Moisten crust and seal edges shut, cutting off excess. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 450° F. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350° F. and bake another 45 minutes. Pie is finished when top if golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >