For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Outstanding Blackberry Crumb Cake
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A sweet berry cake that’s topped with brown sugar and pecans, simply delicious!
|10 tablespoons butter, (add more for pan)|
|1 pound blackberries|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 1/4 cups flour|
|1/2 cup pecans, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter baking pan.
- In blender, mix together flour, brown sugar, 2 table spoons butter and pecans, until crumbly. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In blender, mix remaining butter, sugar, salt, baking power, cinnamon and flour, until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and milk together. Add cinnamon, sugar mix to bowl and blend together.
- Add mixture to baking pan. Top with pecan mixture and blackberries. Bake 60 minutes. Let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >