For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Puff Pastries with Blackberries and Mascarpone Cheese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Easy to make, and easy to love!
|All-purpose flour, for flouring work surface|
|1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry (1 sheet)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|12 ounces fresh blackberries (about 3 cups)|
|3/4 cup mascarpone cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll out pastry sheet to a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife, trim edges then cut pastry sheet into eight 3-by-5-inch pieces.
- Place pastry pieces on a baking sheet and refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until pastry puffs are golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven.
- Once cooled, split each pastry horizontally.
- Place sugar and blackberries in a bowl then mash with a fork until juicy but still chunky.
- Spread mascarpone on pastry bottoms.
- Top mascarpone with blackberry mixture then pastry tops.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >