For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A delicious twist to a classic dish.
|8 oz. uncooked egg noodles|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/8 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon dry sherry|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain and set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil. Add ground beef to pan; cook and break up with a wooden spoon until beef is crumbled and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle ingredients in skillet with flour; stir constantly, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 1 minute; season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add sherry and sour cream to skillet; stir to incorporate.
- Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with chopped parsley.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >