For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Ham is always the perfect choice for a holiday meal.
|1 8 pounds spiral sliced ham, fully cooked,bone-in|
|1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into four wedges|
|3 medium firm apples, peeled and cubed|
|1 12 oz. package fresh cranberries|
|1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into chunks|
|1 1/4 cups sugar|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Set a rack into a shallow roasting pan. Set ham on rack. Arrange pineapple around ham. Cover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- While ham cooks, combine apples and cranberries in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Add orange chunks, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of the apple-cranberry mixture over ham. Bake ham 30 minutes more, or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees. Let ham rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut pineapple wedges into large chunks, and serve with ham and remaining relish.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >