For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
After one bite, you won't believe it's low fat!
|12 oz fettuccine|
|1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and sliced|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 cups skim milk|
|1 tablespoon flour|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, add more for personal serving|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- While pasta cooks, bring a separate pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Heat butter and milk in a large saucepan that is set over low heat. Gradually add flour, whisking constantly. Simmer and whisk constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and pasta to saucepan. Set saucepan over low heat and cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve additional Parmesan with fettuccine.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >